Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Holidays

I ran into a friend on the subway who said that he'd enjoyed reading about my idea for an actor bar in Hell's Kitchen. That conversation made me realize that people actually do check in from time to time to see if I've been writing and what I've been writing about.
So I want this to be a kind of pre-New Year's resolution.
I WILL be writing more here in 2010. My intention is to begin using this as a way of thinking out-loud about the theatre, my life in it, and what I hope for and want it to be....not just for me, but for all theatre artists. I want to write in the New Year about the way we do what we do, why we do what we do, and how we do what we do. But more than that, I want to write about changes in the whats, whys, and hows of what we do.
I want to begin to detail a blueprint for an "ideal" institution that would work synergistically with a specific community in a specific way, while empowering theatre artists to have a true "way of life" as members of that community.
So stay tuned, there's work to be done and important things to be discussed and thought about.
And in 2010...we will....the great work begins.
In the meantime, bless you, happy holidays, and I'll see you in the New Year!

"For you and me, we must say yes."- Joseph Campbell

1 comment:

Lori P said...

I know it's been two YEARS since you've made your resolution, but I truly hope you continue to blog about your adventures in Broadway-Land! I'm all the way out here in LA, and you are living the road-not-taken...you write eloquently and beautifully, and as your blog is mentioned in the credits of PATSC, you will be getting lots more hits from all over the country! You have a lot to say, and say it SO well, so I truly hope you continue to write! I'd especially love to hear about the creative process of what you are going through now, and all the previews, opening night excitement, etc. etc. Good luck with the new show, and thank you for sharing what you have so far...(I ESP loved the story about Shakespeare in prison!) Cheers! Lori from LA