Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Towards Positive Habits

My sister and I were recently talking and at one point in our conversation, I had a revelation. I said, "You know, I think what it all comes down to is self discipline. That's the thing. That's the common trait in the successful people in the world. They're the ones who have the fortitude to have good habits, generate good karma, and put themselves in positions where they're creating opportunities for themselves to grow and thrive." I mean, all positive habits and personal progress comes back to whether or not you have the self-discipline to go to that yoga class, read Blades Of Grass, log out of Facebook, and do the things that you know on some fundamental level you need to do to have the life that you want. It's an area of my life that I sincerely need help with.

So in an effort to start the new year with more self discipline, I am simply writing a little bit in this blog today and setting a goal of building a habit of writing here more often. I think I'll set a calendar event for a once a week event for now. If I can develop the self discipline to update this once a week, that will already put me in a position to write 52 posts this year. And if I get to 52 posts, hopefully I will have wired my brain in a way to build the good habit of updating the blog. Although, I can't promise there won't be more if I get into the groove of it.

Do you have any self discipline tricks? I'm using the reminders and calendar apps in my iphone to try to help me get started. Because it takes self discipline to form habits..but exercising self discipline consistently IS a habit. So that's a snake eating it's own tail I'm trying to train. Wish me luck.

No comments: